zsh-users
* zsh 4.3.9 now available on Cygwin
@ 2008-12-03 11:15 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2008-12-03 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi
Peter Castro has released zsh 4.3.9 on Cygwin (was 4.3.4)

I needed to do a rebaseall (from ash with all cygwin windows services shut
down eg sshd)

At first glance the fix to allow completion of c:/somedir/ isn't there but
that may be just me

--
zzapper
http://www.successtheory.com/tips/vimtips.html

* Re: zsh 4.3.9 now available on Cygwin
@ 2008-12-04  4:24 ` Peter A. Castro
From: Peter A. Castro @ 2008-12-04  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zzapper; +Cc: zsh-users

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, zzapper wrote:

> Hi
> Peter Castro has released zsh 4.3.9 on Cygwin (was 4.3.4)
>
> I needed to do a rebaseall (from ash with all cygwin windows services shut
> down eg sshd)
>
> At first glance the fix to allow completion of c:/somedir/ isn't there but
> that may be just me

Another zsh user reported having the same problem with dir completion not
working.  It's apparently some conflict with some completion function
because not running compinit at startup allows you to do dir completion
for 'c:/..'.  I'm seeing if I can debug it a bit, but, well, the
completion system is very complex and finding the underlying problem may
take a while.  I'll post more as I find it.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>

* Re: zsh 4.3.9 now available on Cygwin
@ 2008-12-05 13:16   ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2008-12-05 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Peter A. Castro wrote in news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0812032017070.4752

> Another zsh user reported having the same problem with dir completion not
> working.  It's apparently some conflict with some completion function
> because not running compinit at startup allows you to do dir completion
> for 'c:/..'.  I'm seeing if I can debug it a bit, but, well, the
> completion system is very complex and finding the underlying problem may
> take a while.  I'll post more as I find it.

Peter
In an earlier zsh posting somebody (PWS?) said that they'd solved/patched it
in 4.3.x

zzapper

--

@ 2008-12-06 22:12     ` Peter A. Castro
From: Peter A. Castro @ 2008-12-06 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zzapper; +Cc: zsh-users

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, zzapper wrote:

> Peter A. Castro wrote in news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0812032017070.4752
>
>> Another zsh user reported having the same problem with dir completion not
>> working.  It's apparently some conflict with some completion function
>> because not running compinit at startup allows you to do dir completion
>> for 'c:/..'.  I'm seeing if I can debug it a bit, but, well, the
>> completion system is very complex and finding the underlying problem may
>> take a while.  I'll post more as I find it.
>
> Peter
> In an earlier zsh posting somebody (PWS?) said that they'd solved/patched it
> in 4.3.x

That's rather interesting (since 4.3.9 *is* 4.3.x :-), but I haven't
found that particular post (yet).  I've checked the patches posted since
4.3.9 and I don't see anything particularly geared for this problem
(unless it's hiding under the guise of the "BeOS port" or one of the
memory leak fixes :-).  I'm about to go trolling through the mail
archives and if that doesn't enlighten me, I'll go grab from cvs and see
what's different.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>