zsh-users
* hpux, vi, and zsh
@ 1997-04-17 22:07 Branson Matheson
From: Branson Matheson @ 1997-04-17 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

 Strange problem here, Seems that zsh works fine on my hp ... up
 until the time that I use vi... then zsh forgets about the up arrow
 keys. I have tested this with two version of vi, vi and vile. Does
 anyone have any idears?

 - branson

 ps> sorry for the previous subscribe messages. I know better, my
 trackball got the better of me.

Branson Matheson       			" If you are falling off of a mountain,
System Administrator              You may as well try to fly."
Ferguson Enterprises               - Delenn, Mimbari Ambassador

* Re: hpux, vi, and zsh
@ 1997-04-17 22:39 ` Domenico Galli
From: Domenico Galli @ 1997-04-17 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Branson Matheson; +Cc: zsh-users

Try:

bindkey -v
bindkey '^[[A'  up-line-or-history
bindkey '^[[B'  down-line-or-history
bindkey '^[[C'  forward-char
bindkey '^[[D'  backward-char
bindkey '^[OA'   up-line-or-history
bindkey '^[OB'   down-line-or-history
bindkey '^[OC'   forward-char
bindkey '^[OD'   backward-char

Domenico Galli

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Branson Matheson wrote:

>  Strange problem here, Seems that zsh works fine on my hp ... up
>  until the time that I use vi... then zsh forgets about the up arrow
>  keys. I have tested this with two version of vi, vi and vile. Does
>  anyone have any idears?
>
>  - branson
>
>  ps> sorry for the previous subscribe messages. I know better, my
>  trackball got the better of me.

> Branson Matheson       			" If you are falling off of a mountain,
> System Administrator              You may as well try to fly."
> Ferguson Enterprises               - Delenn, Mimbari Ambassador

Domenico GALLI
Dipartimento di Fisica dell'Universita' di Bologna and INFN, Sezione di Bologna
via Irnerio, 46, I-40126 Bologna - ITALY
Phone:  (+39) 51 351027                Fax:    (+39) 51 244380
e-mail: galli@bo.infn.it
-
CERN PPE LR 22 R-006, Route de Meyrin, CH-1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland
Phone:  (+41) 22 767 2166        (+41) 22 767 8259        (+41) 22 767 6609
e-mail: domenico.galli@cern.ch
-
DESY, GEB. 66, ZI. 6, Notkestrasse, 85, 22607 Hamburg, Germany
Phone:  (+49) 40 8998 4545
e-mail: galli@hera-b.desy.de

* Re: hpux, vi, and zsh
@ 1997-04-17 22:41 ` Zoltan T. Hidvegi
From: Zoltan T. Hidvegi @ 1997-04-17 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: branson.matheson; +Cc: zsh-users

Branson Matheson wrote:
>  Strange problem here, Seems that zsh works fine on my hp ... up
>  until the time that I use vi... then zsh forgets about the up arrow
>  keys. I have tested this with two version of vi, vi and vile. Does
>  anyone have any idears?

Try echotc te.  It may fix it.  Someone else had the same problem (or it
was you?) and I suggested him to try this, but he did not repored back if
it works or not.  If echotc te does fix this it means that vi used echotc
ti and did not switch back to normal mode.  In this case echotc ti will
have the same effect with respect to the cursor keys as starting vi.

Zoltan

* Re: hpux, vi, and zsh
@ 1997-04-17 23:04   ` Branson Matheson
From: Branson Matheson @ 1997-04-17 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Domenico Galli; +Cc: zsh-users

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Domenico Galli wrote:

> Try:
>
> bindkey ....
> Domenico Galli

 THis worked... however, I wanted emacs mode ( even though I loathe
 emacs ) for the ^e and such... so I have added bindkeys for those as
 well.. and I am happy now.. but FYI the emacs users will be unhappy.

 Thanks for all the good replies!

 - branson