zsh-users
* zsh 4.2.5 on Irix 6.5.x
@ 2005-09-10  6:51 William Scott
From: William Scott @ 2005-09-10  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: L:ZSH-users

Hi folks:

I just reincarnated an SGI, fresh os install, and I compiled zsh
4.2.5 on it.  It appears to have compiled (mips compiler) and
installed ok.  I didn't change anything in configure.  It is the
latest available revision of 6.5.x.

When I run it, I am unable to see or export environment variables.
This is a completely vanilla configuration -- no customization scripts.

If I type

print $ZSH<tab> it offers the usual completions, like it knows these
are supposed to exist, put upon completion, the variable is empty.

Similarly,

export FOO=BAR

followed by

print $FOO

prints empty space.  Similarly with $PATH.  ($path exists).

As a positive control, I downloaded the zsh available on
freeware.sgi.com and installed it.  It is zsh-3.x.x and it works ok.

Help.  I am no longer capable of using tcsh...

Thanks.

Bill Scott