zsh-users
* Why doesn't this work?
@ 2001-07-07 21:32 Stephen Talley
From: Stephen Talley @ 2001-07-07 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

% touch a.Bz
% ls *.(#i)[bg]z
zsh: no match

>From the manual:

   Globbing Flags
       There are various flags which affect  any  text  to  their
       right  up  to the end of the enclosing group or to the end
       of the pattern; they require the EXTENDED_GLOB option. All
       take  the  form (#X) where X may have one of the following
       forms:

       i      Case insensitive:  upper or lower  case  characters
              in  the  pattern  match upper or lower case charac­
              ters.

Can't see any reason why the above wouldn't work...  I've tried
it in zsh 3.1.9 and 4.0.2.

Thanks,

Steve

* Re: Why doesn't this work?
@ 2001-07-07 22:09 ` Vincent Lefevre
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2001-07-07 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On 07 Jul, Stephen Talley <talley@pcisys.net> wrote:

> Can't see any reason why the above wouldn't work...  I've tried
> it in zsh 3.1.9 and 4.0.2.

zshexpn:

       When  using  the ksh syntax for grouping both KSH_GLOB and
       EXTENDED_GLOB must be set and the left parenthesis  should
       be  preceded by @.  Note also that the flags do not affect
       letters inside [...]  groups,  in  other  words  (#i)[a-z]
       still  matches only lowercase letters.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des

* Re: Why doesn't this work?
@ 2001-07-08  5:43 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2001-07-08  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Talley; +Cc: zsh-users

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Stephen Talley wrote:

> % touch a.Bz
> % ls *.(#i)[bg]z
> zsh: no match

{tty0}:/tmp> touch b.gz
{tty0}:/tmp> ll *.(#i)gz
zsh: no matches found: *.(#i)gz
{tty0}:/tmp> setopt extendedglob
{tty0}:/tmp> ll *.(#i)gz
-rw-r--r--    1 user     544             0 Jul  8 05:45 b.gz

> Can't see any reason why the above wouldn't work...  I've tried
> it in zsh 3.1.9 and 4.0.2.

You have not tried hard enough :-)

-andrej

* Re: Why doesn't this work?
@ 2001-07-08  5:48   ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2001-07-08  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: Stephen Talley

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> You have not tried hard enough :-)

Sorry, I was wrong (missed [...]).

-andrej