zsh-users
* Real Vi session for editing a command
@ 2006-05-03  9:48 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2006-05-03  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi
in one of my previous lives, I had a shell (MKS?) where when editing a
command (in vi mode) line I could hit ESC and then I would enter a real Vi
window, when I saved and quit the command would be executed. Any ideas if
possible with zsh/bash?

--
http://successtheory.com/tips/ Vim, Zsh, MySQL Tips

* Re: Real Vi session for editing a command
@ 2006-05-03 10:00 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2006-05-03 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

zzapper <david@tvis.co.uk>:
> in one of my previous lives, I had a shell (MKS?) where when editing a
> command (in vi mode) line I could hit ESC and then I would enter a real Vi
> window, when I saved and quit the command would be executed. Any ideas if
> possible with zsh/bash?

Of course the zsh can do this. :-)

    autoload      edit-command-line
    zle -N        edit-command-line
    bindkey '\ee' edit-command-line

Regards, Frank

* Re: Real Vi session for editing a command
@ 2006-05-03 10:37   ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2006-05-03 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Frank Terbeck <frank.terbeck@rwth-aachen.de> wrote in

> autoload      edit-command-line
>     zle -N        edit-command-line
>     bindkey '\ee' edit-command-line

Frank
thnx that worked but I had to frig $FCEDIT so that it called gvim directly
rather than my wrapper

--
http://successtheory.com/tips/ Vim, Zsh, MySQL Tips