zsh-users
* replace all versions of a file in hierachy with a more recent version
@ 2006-06-16 12:41 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2006-06-16 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi
Feeling dim today, so this is probably trivial

I want to replace all versions of a file in hierachy with a more recent
version

--
http://successtheory.com/tips/ Vim, Zsh, MySQL Tips

* Re: replace all versions of a file in hierachy with a more recent version
@ 2006-06-16 12:49 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2006-06-16 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

zzapper wrote:
> I want to replace all versions of a file in hierachy with a more recent
> version

Depending on what the criterion is for files that need replacing,

  for f in oldlocation/**/*(.); do
    cp newlocation${f##oldlocation} $f
  done

pws

* Re: replace all versions of a file in hierachy with a more recent version
@ 2006-06-16 13:21   ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2006-06-16 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Peter Stephenson <pws@csr.com> wrote in

> zzapper wrote:
>> I want to replace all versions of a file in hierachy with a more
>> recent version
>
> Depending on what the criterion is for files that need replacing,
>
>   for f in oldlocation/**/*(.); do
>     cp newlocation${f##oldlocation} $f
>   done
>
> pws

PWS,
Wouldn't a find be better?

--

@ 2006-06-16 15:57     ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2006-06-16 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

zzapper <david@tvis.co.uk> wrote in news:Xns97E4921DAEECEzzappergmailcom@
80.91.229.5:

> Peter Stephenson <pws@csr.com> wrote in

find . -name SQLyogTunnel.php  -exec \cp c:/aaa/replace/SQLyogTunnel.php {}
\;

--

@ 2006-06-16 16:24       ` sand
From: sand @ 2006-06-16 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

zzapper wrote:
> find . -name SQLyogTunnel.php  -exec \cp c:/aaa/replace/SQLyogTunnel.php {}
> \;

You can still do it without find:

for f in **/SQLyogTunnel.php; do
	cp c:/aaa/replace/SQLyogTunnel.php $f
done

(I don't know how paths are handled under windows...)

sand
--
Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Copy me to your .signature file and
help me propagate, thanks!

* Re: replace all versions of a file in hierachy with a more recent version
@ 2006-06-16 18:29         ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2006-06-16 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

sand <sandman@freaknet.org> wrote in news:4492DB33.9030901@freaknet.org:

> zzapper wrote:
>> find . -name SQLyogTunnel.php  -exec \cp
>> c:/aaa/replace/SQLyogTunnel.php {} \;
>
> You can still do it without find:
>
> for f in **/SQLyogTunnel.php; do
>      cp c:/aaa/replace/SQLyogTunnel.php $f
> done

sand
Yep like that! (i'm actually using cygwin)

--
http://successtheory.com/tips/ Vim, Zsh, MySQL Tips