zsh-users
* Globbing question
@ 2013-11-18 10:45 Dominik Vogt
From: Dominik Vogt @ 2013-11-18 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Assuming I have a directory with some files and some
subdirectories, e.g.

 subdir/
 anothersubdir/
 subdir123/
 git/
 file
 anotherfile

I'm looking for a globbing pattern that matches all plain files in
all subdirectories except "git".  The pattern

  $ ls -d ^git(/)

gives me all directories except "git", but the next one produces
an error message:

  $ ls -d ^git(/)/**/*(.)
  zsh: bad pattern: ^git(/)/**/*(.)

So my questions are:

1. Why does this pattern not work; what am I missing?
2. What is the correct pattern for the task at hand?

(Note: The reason why I need to exclude "git" from the pattern is
that there are too many files in that directory, so I get an
"zsh: argument list too long" error.)

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

* Globbing question
@ 2004-09-16  3:08 lists
From: lists @ 2004-09-16  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi all,
	I'm trying to match files which aren't executable for the following
completion:

zstyle ':completion:*:complete:-command-::commands' ignored-patterns

I tried this:

zstyle ':completion:*:complete:-command-::commands' ignored-patterns

thinking that that would translate to "complete everything besides a
file with the user, group, or other executable bit set", but that
stopped completing all files which were executable.  Can anyone
explain?  What is a better way to do this?

Thanks.