zsh-users
* minor annoyance when I use TAB completion
@ 2019-10-28 13:21 Fourhundred Thecat
From: Fourhundred Thecat @ 2019-10-28 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

I have minor annoyance when I use TAB completion in zsh:

When I type "lso" and hit TAB to complete:

  lso<TAB>

the completion successfully completes to "lsof" and my commandline looks
like this:

  lsof <cursor>

notice the one space between lsof and the cursor. But when I start
typing, the space disappears (cursor jumps back), and whatever I typed
is glued to lsof, ie

  lsof| grep

instead of

  lsof | grep

could anybody please advise how to fix this, before it drives me crazy ?
The problem is when I use ctrl+w to delete word backwards, I want to
delete "|" as one word and not "lsof|"

thanks,

* Re: minor annoyance when I use TAB completion
@ 2019-10-28 13:25 ` Roman Perepelitsa
From: Roman Perepelitsa @ 2019-10-28 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fourhundred Thecat; +Cc: Zsh Users

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 2:22 PM Fourhundred Thecat <400thecat@gmx.ch> wrote:
> could anybody please advise how to fix this, before it drives me crazy ?

This:

   ZLE_REMOVE_SUFFIX_CHARS=''

Search for ZLE_REMOVE_SUFFIX_CHARS in `man zshparam` for documentation.

Roman.

* Re: minor annoyance when I use TAB completion
@ 2019-10-28 13:42   ` Fourhundred Thecat
From: Fourhundred Thecat @ 2019-10-28 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

> On 2019-10-28 14:25, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
>    ZLE_REMOVE_SUFFIX_CHARS=''

many thanks!

* Re: minor annoyance when I use TAB completion
@ 2019-10-28 15:41 ` Sebastian Gniazdowski
From: Sebastian Gniazdowski @ 2019-10-28 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fourhundred Thecat; +Cc: Zsh Users

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 at 14:22, Fourhundred Thecat <400thecat@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have minor annoyance when I use TAB completion in zsh:
>
> When I type "lso" and hit TAB to complete:
>
>   lso<TAB>
>
> the completion successfully completes to "lsof" and my commandline looks
> like this:
>
>   lsof <cursor>
>
> notice the one space between lsof and the cursor. But when I start
> typing, the space disappears (cursor jumps back), and whatever I typed
> is glued to lsof, ie
>
>   lsof| grep
>
> instead of
>
>   lsof | grep
>
> could anybody please advise how to fix this, before it drives me crazy ?
> The problem is when I use ctrl+w to delete word backwards, I want to
> delete "|" as one word and not "lsof|"
>
> thanks,

I have somewhat a reversed issue. I use:

zstyle ':completion:*:*:*:default' menu yes select search

so I can search through the completions. When I accept an entry,
either with a double-enter or a space:

bindkey -M menuselect ' ' .accept-line

I then have a space added after the accepted entry. And it doesn't get
removed when I continue typing, like in the author's post. I would
like to have it removed. Note, that it's not possible to bind custom
widgets to the menuselect key map.

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI

* Re: minor annoyance when I use TAB completion
@ 2019-11-02 14:36   ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2019-11-02 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 at 14:22, Fourhundred Thecat <400thecat@gmx.ch>

> I have somewhat a reversed issue. I use:
>
> zstyle ':completion:*:*:*:default' menu yes select search
>
> so I can search through the completions. When I accept an entry,
> either with a double-enter or a space:
>
> bindkey -M menuselect ' ' .accept-line
>
> I then have a space added after the accepted entry. And it doesn't get
> removed when I continue typing, like in the author's post. I would
> like to have it removed. Note, that it's not possible to bind custom
> widgets to the menuselect key map.

Any response to this ? The extra space annoys me when I want double tab
expand an alias. Bart S. once showed me a solution but it didn't work
for me.

--
zzapper
https://twitter.com/dailyzshtip