zsh-users
From: Mathieu Clavel <math.clavel@protonmail.com>
To: zsh-users@zsh.org
Subject: [more info] rsync completion not working for server files when using double quotes
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 01:06:57 +0000	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 766 bytes --]

Hi,

Sorry I have to create a new thread because I didn't receive my own email so I cannot respond to it.

I said in my previous message that completion is working for folders but not files when using double quote for the server path.
It turns out my tests for this problem where incomplete so it's not exactly that.

rsync completion stops working for files and for folders once a folder in the path uses escaping.

So it will work for: "server:/folder1/folder2/
But not for: "server:/folder\\\\ 1/
or: "server:/folder1/folder\\\\\[2\\\\\]/

It works when not using the double quotes with folder name using escaping: server:/folder\\\\\\ 1/

Regards,

Mathieu

P. S.: I removed the aliasing +zsh at the end of my email user name, it's still me.