On my computer, I have the same setup (plus I make screen startups automatic in .zshrc if I'm not already in a screen). For me, anything typed before the prompt is saved and appears correctly when zsh is done loading. So I doubt it's a screen-specific setting. But it may be a termcap issue - try using a different virtual terminal - or perhaps it has to do with the always_last_prompt (is that the name?) zsh option being set. Bryan Jacobs On 7/7/06, Jens Kubieziel wrote: > > Hi, > > I'm using zsh 4.3.2 at a Debian unstable box. Usually I start a GNU > screen session and work with several zsh windows in it. However, when I > open a new window (Strg+A c), it sometimes takes some time until the > shell prompt appears (machine is under some load). I begin typing right > after I opened the window and alle characters which were typed before > the prompt comes up, don't show up at the prompt. > example: > ^Ac > alongcommanjens@qbiathome:~/ >dname > In this example I want to enter 'alongcommandname', but only dname came > up. The rest is before the PS1 and can't be used. > > Someone in IRC thought it could be a specific screen setting. So I > tested screen without config and got the same behaviour. > > Do you have any ideas what settings cause this (or can I provide more > info)?. Any helpful hint would be nice. > > Thanks > > -- > Jens Kubieziel http://www.kubieziel.de > FdI#239: MacOS X > Unix für Weicheier. (Manfred Worm Schäfer) >