Hi, >> Setting the option CHASE_LINKS disables the %~ shortcut in PS1: > That's not a general effect.  Is there e.g. an automounter on your > system that means home directories are in fact links? The /raid in the > path certainly looks a bit suspicious... Ah yes, /home is indeed a symlink to /raid/home. I understand now: $HOME is /home/seb and because of CHASE_LINKS, pwd says that I am in /raid/home/seb. I added HOME=/raid/home/seb in ~/.zshenv and the problem is almost solved: the prompt is correct except when a terminal is first opened, as show below: /home/seb>cd ~> I tried a workaround with: urxvt -e sh -c '/usr/bin/zsh' but I do not manage to tell zsh to execute "cd && clear". Is there a way to do this? Or perhaps a better way all around? Thanks alot! Sébastien.