zsh-users
* Cygwin Zsh auto-cygpath?
@ 2009-02-07 20:53 Benjamin R. Haskell
From: Benjamin R. Haskell @ 2009-02-07 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On Windows machines, I use Zsh under Cygwin. The more I use it, the more
frequently I find myself using:

"$(cygpath -w /path/to/some/file)"

For those who don't use Cygwin, that "Windows-ifies" the path.

e.g.
$ pwd
/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/bhaskell/My Documents
$ cygpath -w $PWD
C:\Documents and Settings\bhaskell\My Documents

It's necessary to do that for most Windows-native commands, since they
don't (and shouldn't) know about the '/cygdrive' prefix, and usually don't
handle forward-slash'ed paths.

I was wondering if there was a simple way to have the _files completer
output "$(cygpath -w /path/stuff)". Has anyone created something like
that? Or could someone point me to where I'd want to insert that into the
completion process?

(This is the first time I've seriously considered delving into 'man
zshcompsys', but I unfortunately don't have that kind of time right

Best,
Ben