On 03/25/2018 10:36 AM, Ray Andrews wrote: > I think the trick was to put non-printing characters (like escape > sequences) inside of "%{…}" sequences. That tells Zsh not to use > characters in that sequence as printable characters when calculating the > prompt width. I believe the same thing applies to both PROMPT and RPROMPT. Thank you for the confirmation. > Thanks Grant, that's what I was hunting for: %{ ... %}. Interesting that > it effects RPS1, I'd have thought that it sorta just attaches itself to > the right margin and that the width of PS1 wouldn't matter to it that > much, but I suppose that's naive, the entire prompt is worked out in > one calculation. You're welcome. I'm glad that you got it working. Depending on window width, prompt & command length, Zsh will remove the RPROMPT when the command gets too close. As such Zsh needs to know the printed width of the RPROMPT just like the (L)PROMPT. -- Grant. . . . unix || die