* Zsh and ReGIS graphics.
@ 2019-05-26 17:55 Grant Taylor
From: Grant Taylor @ 2019-05-26 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users List

I'm playing with ReGIS graphics (in XTerm) and have noticed that things
display differently depending on the line that the prompt is on.

It seems as if Zsh clears the remainder of the screen after the end of
the prompt line.

If I clear the screen (^L) and then display the ReGIS graphic, the
graphic flashes and then goes away.  I think this is because Zsh is
redisplaying the prompt immediately after the cat command.  If I hit
enter a number of times to cause the prompt to move further down the
screen, such that it's in the graphic or below it, the part of the
graphic that is above the prompt stays.

On a whim I tried Bash and it does not seem to suffer from this same
clearing of the remainder of the screen issue.

Is this a Zsh setting?

I tried searching the zshall man page, and it seems as if all instances
of "clear" either don't have to do with the screen or clear the entire
screen.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a Zsh thing?  Or possibly something
spurious I have in my prompt?

Any help / pointers would be appreciated.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

* Re: Zsh and ReGIS graphics.