On 1/17/21 3:36 PM, Eric Cook wrote: > On 1/16/21 4:25 PM, Forrest Aldrich wrote: >> I'm somewhat new to ZSH; however, I'm using the DEV version on MacOS >> Big Sur and I do keep it up to date. >> >> One issue I'm having is that my ZSH shell history seems to be unified >> -- that is, in different terminal windows I get shell history from >> separate sessions, which is not what I would expect (or desire).  It >> makes finding recent commands a pain -- and I >> wonder if there is a setting I've overlooked that will keep shell >> history in the current window isolated to that terminal session >> (until I exit, etc). >> >> Thanks. >> >> > Something is enabling the share_history option, by default it is off. > you could ''unsetopt share_history'' to disable it or find where it is > being set and remove it. > Thank you! I am using Oh-My-Zsh and I found this, in ./lib/history.zsh: ## History command configuration setopt extended_history       # record timestamp of command in HISTFILE setopt hist_expire_dups_first # delete duplicates first when HISTFILE size exceeds HISTSIZE setopt hist_ignore_dups       # ignore duplicated commands history list setopt hist_ignore_space      # ignore commands that start with space setopt hist_verify            # show command with history expansion to user before running it *setopt share_history          # share command history data* Seems like an odd default assumption to have. _F