zsh-users
* Update git completion on macOS
@ 2020-10-23  8:16 jost.schulte
From: jost.schulte @ 2020-10-23  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi everyone,

I wanted to search the archive before posting, following the documentation,
but I don't see an archive link in the list menu.

Here's my problem: Running on macOS 10.15, I've set up zsh with completion of
git commands. It must be the complete function that comes with the os
installation of zsh, because I didn't add it and I don't use oh-my-zsh. In
this complete function the newer git commands like "switch" or "restore" are
not included, so I want to update it.

I've researched a while and found the function in /usr/share/zsh/5.7.1/
functions/ in the file _git. What I couldn't find is a current complete
function and also I wasn't able to modify the contents of the file. Even using
"sudo" I get the error that I don't have permissions to edit it.

Can anyone help me out please?