zsh-users
* rmstarwait doesn't work for me
@ 2005-05-23 20:32 Jens Kubieziel
From: Jens Kubieziel @ 2005-05-23 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

in a german newsgroup there was a discussion about undeleting files and
someone came up with zsh's option 'rmstarwait'. However I tried to
'setopt rmstarwait' and to delete a (previously copied) directory ('rm
test/*'). It was deleted without any waiting or comments. Further
testing gave me same results. What could be the problem here (zsh
4.2.5)?

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
Friede beginnt mit einem Lächeln. Lächle fünfmal am Tag einem Menschen

* Re: rmstarwait doesn't work for me
@ 2005-05-23 20:47 ` Christian Schneider
From: Christian Schneider @ 2005-05-23 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

* Jens Kubieziel <maillist@kubieziel.de> typed:
> in a german newsgroup there was a discussion about undeleting files and
> someone came up with zsh's option 'rmstarwait'. However I tried to
> 'setopt rmstarwait' and to delete a (previously copied) directory ('rm
> test/*'). It was deleted without any waiting or comments. Further
> testing gave me same results. What could be the problem here (zsh
> 4.2.5)?

I couldn't reproduce it.
,----
`----
--
panic("sun_82072_fd_inb: How did I get here?");
        linux-2.2.16/include/asm-sparc/floppy.h

* Re: rmstarwait doesn't work for me
@ 2005-05-23 21:08   ` Jens Kubieziel
From: Jens Kubieziel @ 2005-05-23 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

* Christian Schneider schrieb am 2005-05-23 um 22:47 Uhr:
> * Jens Kubieziel <maillist@kubieziel.de> typed:
> > in a german newsgroup there was a discussion about undeleting files and
> > someone came up with zsh's option 'rmstarwait'. However I tried to
> > 'setopt rmstarwait' and to delete a (previously copied) directory ('rm
> > test/*'). It was deleted without any waiting or comments. Further
> > testing gave me same results. What could be the problem here (zsh
> > 4.2.5)?
>
> I couldn't reproduce it.

PEBKAC, sorry.
I forgot to unalias my rm, (alias for a shellscript).

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
Wodka macht aus allen Menschen Russen. Ivan Rebroff

* Re: rmstarwait doesn't work for me
@ 2005-05-24  7:40     ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2005-05-24  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Mon, 23 May 2005 23:08:56 +0200,  wrote:

>PEBKAC

PEBKAC stands for Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

not in WTF

This patch adds a new option, RM_STAR_WAIT, that causes zsh to wait ten
seconds before accepting any input at the "sure you want to delete all
files?" prompt.  This was suggested to me after a friend accidentally
did `rm *' in his home directory and reflexively typed `y' at the query.
(To make matters worse, he has GLOB_DOTS set.)

--
zzapper
vim -c ":%s%s*%Cyrnfr)fcbafbe[Oenz(Zbbyranne%|:%s)[[()])-)Ig|norm Vg?"