zsh-users
* Completion lists
@ 2011-09-13 12:54 Yuri DElia
From: Yuri DElia @ 2011-09-13 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi everyone,

I would like to customize how the completion list is shown in zsh, I a way
similar to how current emacs does it. I've looking around, but found nothing.

Whenever I complete a file prefix which is ambiguous, I get a list of the form:

$ cd prog<TAB>
program1
progman
progwhatever

I would like to highlight (in bold) the trailing/ambiguous part (typed in caps
here):

$ cd prog<TAB>
progRAM
progMAN
progWHATEVER

This would be a *huge* time saver for me. Often I find myself completing over a
long set of files with a very similar name, and I really don't know *where* to
look at. Bonus points if this works with complete_in_word.

Having the unambiguous part with ellipses would also be fine (if any simpler to
implement):

$ cd prog<TAB>
...ram
...man