zsh-users
* Problems with arrow-up, ^P and so on.
@ 1996-02-02 14:31 Andrew Eskilsson
From: Andrew Eskilsson @ 1996-02-02 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Suddenly zsh started to have problems with history-editing, sometimes
it works, sometimes I have problems like:

What happens is that the arrow-keys doesn't do what they did before,
for example pressing up arrow in a shell just beeps, but if I press
the combination up arrow, down arrow, up arrow, I get the last
command.

When trying to use the arrow-keys on the keyboard instead gives me a
^P instead of last kommand, this is the same with the rest of the
control keys.

Trying to do the <esc>-? to find where the current command can be
found will just give me a '?' on a new line.

Do you have any ideas what could generate these problems, the reason
why I blame zsh for this is that when starting tcsh it works fine.

I am running zsh 2.3.1 on a sunos4 machine.

	/andy
--
 Don't walk in front of me, I might be unable to follow you.
 Don't walk after me, I might be unable to lead you.

* Re: Problems with arrow-up, ^P and so on.
@ 1996-02-02 15:52 ` Bas V. de Bakker
From: Bas V. de Bakker @ 1996-02-02 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpt95aes; +Cc: zsh-users

Andrew Eskilsson <mpt95aes@pt.hk-r.se> writes:

> Suddenly zsh started to have problems with history-editing,
> sometimes it works, sometimes I have problems like:

Hmm, the symptoms sound a lot like you've gotten into vi editing mode,
while being used to emacs mode.  Have you perhaps changed your EDITOR
or VISUAL variable to vi?  Perhaps you should try putting a
"bindkey -e" in your .zshrc.

Hope this helps.

Bas.

* Solved Re: Problems with arrow-up, ^P and so on.
@ 1996-02-02 16:22 ` Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1996-02-02 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Well the problem was that I changed the $VISUAL and $EDITOR variable
to 'vi' from emacs, and is now solved, thanx for the fast answers!

Hmm now I wonder why it worked in the console.. *smack* don't touch,
it works :-)

	/andy