zsh-users
* cursor keys don't work after ncftp-2.x
@ 1995-06-07 16:01 Benjamin Lorenz
From: Benjamin Lorenz @ 1995-06-07 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi there!

Seems to be a zsh bug, because I have no problems with bash oder tcsh:

After exiting ncftp-2.0.6 (Linux, ncurses-1.9.1b) or after
pressing ^Z in elm (SunOS, Linux), I get a beep and 'A' when I press
the cursor-up key.

How can I fix this?
Benni
--
Benjamin Lorenz, Johannisstr. 15, 66111 Saarbr|cken       Run Linux68k on your
Phone: +49 681 372253, E-mail: benni@phil.uni-sb.de     Atari TT / Falcon NOW!

* Re: cursor keys don't work after ncftp-2.x
       [not found] <m0sJO2U-00018DC@inf.fu-berlin.de>
@ 1995-06-07 18:13 ` Benjamin Lorenz
From: Benjamin Lorenz @ 1995-06-07 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Felix von Leitner wrote:
> You installed a more recent version of ncurses under Linux than your
> /usr/lib/terminfo database is.  The terminfo database can be rebuilt
> from the ncurses distribution, so you should take it and read the docs.

No.
I reinstalled the complete /usr/lib/terminfo database from the 1.9.1b
archive.

> > How can I fix this?
> It's not a Z-shell problem.  Other shells accept the other form of the
> cursor key escape sequences, too.  You can bindkey them in your .zlogin.

They WORK, no problem. Only after ^Z in elm, they don't...
And it happens BOTH under SunOS AND Linux...

Benni