zsh-users
* Making cd ~/tmp; cd .. result in ~/, following links.
@ 2005-09-11 19:19 Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 2005-09-11 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Evening!

My ~/tmp is a symlink to /otherdisk/mytmpdir, and when I do a cd
~/tmp, the prompt and pwd says I am in /otherdisk/mytmpdir and when I
do cd .. I get into /otherdisk.

What I want is doing cd ~/tmp, prompt and pwd says ~/tmp, and when I
do cd .. I get to ~/.

I think I have had it like this before, but have lost it now, what
have I missed?

     /Andy
--
  "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"
				      Oscar Wilde

* Re: Making cd ~/tmp; cd .. result in ~/, following links.
@ 2005-09-11 21:04 ` Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 2005-09-11 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Ahh, now I found it!

It is "setopt chase_links", that 'moved' me to /otherdrive/... hmm now
comes the question, why did I do so..

   /Andy

--
 The eye of the compiler rests on the code!