zsh-users
* Since pws13...
@ 2000-01-11 11:47 Francis GALIEGUE
From: Francis GALIEGUE @ 2000-01-11 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

... the completion machine seems broken on some critical points :(

In perticular, if setopt correct is set, I get:

fg!toy ~ $ rpm -qa L
zsh: correct 'rpm' to 'rpmf' [nyae]?

(L is a global alias for "|less")

Before that, it tried to correct rpm to _rpm, which is not what I want
either...

Same for su, which zsh tries to replace with sum, even though su does
exist and is installed, and other things like that too...

Secondly, cd completion is broken too :( Multipart
(/us/sh/zs/f/U<TAB>) and most simply directory completion (/usr/<TAB>)
just won't work anymore, and I have no idea why. It will work only
in certain circumstances which I cannot isolate...

Relevant lines in ~/.zshrc:

_compdir=/usr/share/zsh/functions/Core
[[ -z $fpath[(r)$_compdir] ]] && fpath=($fpath $_compdir)
autoload -U compinit
compinit

Are they wrong?

--
fg

# rm *;o
o: command not found

* Re: Since pws13...
@ 2000-01-11 17:37 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-01-11 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francis GALIEGUE, zsh-users

On Jan 11, 12:47pm, Francis GALIEGUE wrote:
} Subject: Since pws13...
}
} Relevant lines in ~/.zshrc:
}
} _compdir=/usr/share/zsh/functions/Core
} [[ -z $fpath[(r)$_compdir] ]] && fpath=($fpath $_compdir)
} autoload -U compinit
} compinit
}
} Are they wrong?

Yes, they're wrong.  The completion functions are now in a version-dependent
subdirectory.  You want

_compdir=/usr/share/zsh/$ZSH_VERSION/functions/Core

(Drop the /Core if you didn't use the install option that puts functions in
separate subdirectories.)

I'm not entirely sure that will take care of your problem, because the set
of functions from -bart-8 worked fine for me before I remembered to make
the equivalent change in my own startup files, but its certainly a step in
the right direction.

* Re: Since pws13...
@ 2000-01-12 17:24   ` Francis GALIEGUE
From: Francis GALIEGUE @ 2000-01-12 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

"Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@candle.brasslantern.com> writes:

> I'm not entirely sure that will take care of your problem, because the set
> of functions from -bart-8 worked fine for me before I remembered to make
> the equivalent change in my own startup files, but its certainly a step in
> the right direction.

Well, no, that wasn't it at all finally :) The problem is really
strange indeed: it's a kernel patch which makes zsh choke!

The culprit patch is SecureLinux... Go figure... The only related
thing I can see about it is a limited preload of dentries, which would
explain why all the suggested replacements to programs were builtins!

--
fg

# rm *;o
o: command not found