zsh-users
From: chesss <testingagain@gmail.com>
To: "zsh-users@sunsite.dk" <zsh-users@sunsite.dk>
Subject: Start mc with every new shell
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 20:16:01 +0530	[thread overview]

The only bit of of midnight-commander I really like is the ability to
quickly press ctrl+o and get a nice scrollable listing of files, and the n
press ctrl+o again to get back to zsh.

So how to start mc with every interactive shell, that too in 'minimized'
mode?
I tried:
1. adding mc to .zshrc, but it hangs the chell . adding mc to .bashrc
works.
2. looking for a macro app. So that I can send a series of keyboard
strokes to start a new zsh shell, start mc and press ctrl+o. AFAIK, the
concept of keyboard macros outside vi/emacs is pretty much unknown in unix
world, so I'll explain: press a keystroke to send a 'series of
keystrokes/hotkeys'.
Any such app for unix? I am not talking about macros in zsh, but in X(the
whole PC)

 From mc's man page >>

			C-o    when the program is being run in the Linux or FreeBSD console or
under an xterm, it
               will show you the output of the previous command.  When ran
on the  Linux  console,
               the  Midnight  Commander uses an external program
(cons.saver) to handle saving and
               restoring of information on the screen.