zsh-users
From: Eric Mangold <teratorn@world-net.net>
To: "zsh-users@sunsite.dk" <zsh-users@sunsite.dk>
Subject: Re: Adding new completions to zsh
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:42:56 -0700	[thread overview]

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:29:13 +0000, Peter Stephenson <pws@csr.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:39:22 -0700
> Eric Mangold <teratorn@world-net.net> wrote:
>> My idea for allowing greater flexibility is to bundle the actual zsh
>> completion functionality as part of the Twisted distribution and give
>> zsh
>> a "stub" that will use the completion functions that are bundled with
>> Twisted.
>
> This sounds OK... I presume you're going to add some hook to the main
> Twisted
> program (or some configuration utility) that reports the installation
> location
> so that the functions distribution with zsh can find the functions
> distributed with Twisted.

Since Twisted is a Python package I can (fairly easily) use the standard
python mechanisms to locate files or otherwise pull data out of that
package.

So the first time someone tries one of the completions it will call python
to acquire the completion info, and then I guess I'll cache that in a
global variable to speed it up for further completions done in that shell
session.

	-Eric