zsh-users
* Completion inside braces
@ 1997-04-23 17:08 Greg Badros
From: Greg Badros @ 1997-04-23 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Is there any straightforward way to make completion work when you're
inside braces.  e.g. I'd like:

cp ~gjb/archive/{zsh.tgz,xterm[TAB]

to complete on

~gjb/archive/xterm

I realize the general case can be complex, but still seems tractable.
Can one do this w/o changing zsh source?  Is it doable?

Thanks,
Greg

* Re: Completion inside braces
@ 1997-04-23 17:15 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1997-04-23 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Badros; +Cc: zsh-users

Greg Badros wrote:
>Is there any straightforward way to make completion work when you're
>inside braces.

Not at the moment -- you simply can't do completion inside braces.
I have some ideas for eventual extension of the completion mechanism
that would make it possible, but they're a long way off.

-zefram

* Re: Completion inside braces
@ 1997-04-23 18:01   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1997-04-23 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zefram, Greg Badros, zsh-users

On Apr 23,  6:15pm, Zefram wrote:
> Subject: Re: Completion inside braces
>
> Greg Badros wrote:
> >Is there any straightforward way to make completion work when you're
> >inside braces.
>
> Not at the moment -- you simply can't do completion inside braces.

You can strip off the braces and then do completion, though ...

	bindkey -s '^X}' '}^I^H^I'

Type ctrl-X close-brace and watch the fun.

I admit that's probably not what's wanted in a lot of circumstances.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern