zsh-users
* Re: su to root leaves me with the users history in zsh
@ 2006-04-11  7:20 Tim Kruse
From: Tim Kruse @ 2006-04-11  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

,-----[man su]
`-----

> I thought something was wrong with my system when I first noticed this
> but it also occurs on my Debian sarge server. I am not having much luck
> with google so I am wondering if this is normal behaviour for zsh and
> if so, how can I "fix" it?

 It's the normal behaviour of 'su'. You don't need to *fix* it.

 So long,
tkr

--
<Culus> there is 150 meg in the /tmp dir! DEAR LORD

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: su to root leaves me with the users history in zsh
@ 2006-04-11  1:05 Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2006-04-11  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 08:47:46PM -0400, Angelina Carlton wrote:
> I am not having much luck with google so I am wondering if this is
> normal behaviour for zsh

This is the normal behavior for *sudo*.  See sudo's -H option if you'd
prefer to have it set the target user's HOME variable.  Alternately, add
code to your personal .zshrc file to check the UID and set a different
history file when you're root.

..wayne..

* Re: su to root leaves me with the users history in zsh
@ 2006-04-11  1:04 William Scott
From: William Scott @ 2006-04-11  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelina Carlton; +Cc: zsh-users

It happens to me on os x.  I thought it was a feature.

@ 2006-04-11  0:47 Angelina Carlton
From: Angelina Carlton @ 2006-04-11  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Debian unstable