zsh-workers
* My public CVS repository will be closed.
@ 2000-02-28 16:04 Tanaka Akira
From: Tanaka Akira @ 2000-02-28 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I closed my CVS repository because I'll graduate JAIST and cannot
maintain the repository any more.

Regards.
--
Tanaka Akira

* Re: My public CVS repository will be closed.
@ 2000-02-28 16:06 ` Ollivier Robert
From: Ollivier Robert @ 2000-02-28 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

According to Tanaka Akira:
> I closed my CVS repository because I'll graduate JAIST and cannot
> maintain the repository any more.

Argh. It was a very valuable service, Akira-san and I'd like to thank you.

Any taker ?
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- Eurocontrol EEC/TEC -=- roberto@eurocontrol.fr
The Postman hits! The Postman hits! You have new mail.

* Re: My public CVS repository will be closed.
@ 2000-02-28 16:59   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-02-28 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanaka Akira, zsh-workers

On Feb 28,  5:06pm, Ollivier Robert wrote:
} Subject: Re: My public CVS repository will be closed.
}
} According to Tanaka Akira:
} > I closed my CVS repository because I'll graduate JAIST and cannot
} > maintain the repository any more.
}
} Argh. It was a very valuable service, Akira-san and I'd like to thank you.

Yes, indeed.

} Any taker ?

I'm checking into whether I can put it on a machine at Zanshin.  That'd
be cool because Zanshin is one T1 hop off a major backbone, so there
shouldn't be any problem with anyone reaching it.  However, we have a
pretty limited amount of hardware to put outside the firewall right now,
so it's not certain yet.

Tanaka -- is there any chance of grabbing a snapshot of your entire
CVSROOT directory from somewhere?  If whoever picks this up could just
drop that in, it'd help continuity a great deal.

Your scripts for automatically importing patches would be cool, too.

* Re: My public CVS repository will be closed.
@ 2000-02-28 17:30     ` Tanaka Akira
From: Tanaka Akira @ 2000-02-28 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

In article <1000228165913.ZM11887@candle.brasslantern.com>,
  "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@candle.brasslantern.com> writes:

> Tanaka -- is there any chance of grabbing a snapshot of your entire
> CVSROOT directory from somewhere?  If whoever picks this up could just
> drop that in, it'd help continuity a great deal.

Ok.  I restarted CVSupd.

> Your scripts for automatically importing patches would be cool, too.

Hm.  I stored my scripts at
http://www.ldl.jaist.ac.jp/~akr/junk/zsh-cvs.tar.gz.

Of course, it needs my patched patch:
http://www.ldl.jaist.ac.jp/~akr/junk/patch-2.5.4-akr-20000229.patch.
--

@ 2000-02-28 19:18     ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 2000-02-28 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

"Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@candle.brasslantern.com> writes:

> On Feb 28,  5:06pm, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> } Subject: Re: My public CVS repository will be closed.
> }
> } According to Tanaka Akira:
> } > I closed my CVS repository because I'll graduate JAIST and cannot
> } > maintain the repository any more.
> }
> } Argh. It was a very valuable service, Akira-san and I'd like to thank you.
>
> Yes, indeed.
>
> } Any taker ?
>
> I'm checking into whether I can put it on a machine at Zanshin.  That'd
> be cool because Zanshin is one T1 hop off a major backbone, so there
> shouldn't be any problem with anyone reaching it.  However, we have a
> pretty limited amount of hardware to put outside the firewall right now,
> so it's not certain yet.

Why not <URL:http://sourceforge.net>?  Presuming they do what they say
(and I've no reason to doubt them), they'll provide http, cvs, mailing
lists, bug tracking and everything---and arrange for zsh.org to be
redirected, if that's what we want.  All on good hardware.  (Obviously
one can question whether this'll last for ever, but at the moment, it
looks good.)

* RE: My public CVS repository will be closed.
@ 2000-02-29  7:08       ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-02-29  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Stephens, Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

> Why not <URL:http://sourceforge.net>?  Presuming they do what they say
> (and I've no reason to doubt them), they'll provide http, cvs, mailing
> lists, bug tracking and everything---and arrange for zsh.org to be
> redirected, if that's what we want.  All on good hardware.  (Obviously
> one can question whether this'll last for ever, but at the moment, it
> looks good.)

It even happened in my IE history :-)

Well, I think, you have mentioned it already less than a year ago. Now it
hosts quite a number of products/projects. Access is really good (via a
firewall in Germany in my case it is instant). Important thing is
ready-to-use CVS - normal and HTTP-based. All in all I agree - why not use
this one (keeping CVS repository backups 'course :-)

About lists - why not host them there. I nerver liked "real" domain in list
addresses - so, if we could finally arrange for

workers@zsh.org
users@zsh.org

so, that they could be transparently moved over, this would be really great.

The only thing, that bothers me - it is too good to be true :>

/andrej