zsh-workers
* Output of 'make check'
@ 2000-06-01  9:28 Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-06-01  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I do not particular like it. It outputs thousands of "No differences
encountered", that will scroll away any useful output. So, if any test
in between fails, there is no chance to see it unfortunately (there
seems to be no log by default). I just noticed, that one more test
failed - and it was only by accident.

I suggest, that "No differences encountered" should not be output (I do
not see test numbers anyway, so it pretty useless)

some summary about failed test is output, so that I can at least see I
had failed tests. If summary coould indicate failed test number - even
better

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>

* test failuer case
@ 2000-06-01  9:29 Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-06-01  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Running with current CVS (including last patch from Peter) gives me:

*** /tmp/zsh.ztst.out.25823     Thu Jun  1 13:22:33 2000
--- /tmp/zsh.ztst.tout.25823    Thu Jun  1 13:22:34 2000
***************
*** 1 ****
! line: {tst -x }{}
--- 1,2 ----
! line: {tst -}{}
! MESSAGE:{arg}
Test /tools/src/zsh/Test/53completion.ztst failed: output differs from
expected as shown above for:
 comptesteval 'compdef _tst tst; _tst () { _arguments "-x" ":arg:" }'
 comptest $'tst -\t'
Was testing: _arguments
/tools/src/zsh/Test/53completion.ztst: test failed.

I cannot say, if it failed before, because output may have been scrolled
away.

This is in addition to cursor positioning problem (this consistently
fails here).

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>