zsh-workers
* Function installation and wordcode files
@ 2000-04-05 11:09 Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-04-05 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I have digest wordcode file, will Zsh check modtime of contained
functions? I have std.zwc in fpath, that comtains all distributed
functions. If any function is updated, will Zsh notice it?

In case of frequent CVS updates one can easily forget to update wordcode
file.

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>

* Re: Function installation and wordcode files
@ 2000-04-05 11:23 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-04-05 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> If I have digest wordcode file, will Zsh check modtime of contained
> functions? I have std.zwc in fpath, that comtains all distributed
> functions. If any function is updated, will Zsh notice it?

No. You wouldn't want it to search the whole $fpath for every function
it has already found.

It does, however look at the definition file when it (automatically,
i.e. without it being in $fpath) finds a zwc file for one of the
directories in $fpath. So, if you have `.../Core' in $fpath and there
is a file `.../Core.zwc', it will automatically search that for
functions. If it finds it there, but the file `.../Core/foo' is
younger, it uses that.

> In case of frequent CVS updates one can easily forget to update wordcode
> file.

One of the reasons for `zrecompile -p':

  zrecompile -p -- .../std.zwc $^orig_fpath/*~*~(.)

or whatever...

Bye
 Sven