zsh-workers
* Module aliases don't work in static zsh
@ 2000-08-04  6:25 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-08-04  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I.e. you've got to do `zmodload zsh/files' rather than `zmodload files'.
We should either toss out module aliases entirely, even from dynamic zsh,
or make them work (and work better).

* RE: Module aliases don't work in static zsh
@ 2000-08-04  7:10 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-08-04  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer, zsh-workers

> I.e. you've got to do `zmodload zsh/files' rather than `zmodload files'.
> We should either toss out module aliases entirely, even from dynamic zsh,
> or make them work (and work better).

Actually it looks like builtin module's boot/setup are never executed unless
you have some auto(builtin|condition|parameter) defined. zmodload calls
bin_zmodload_load() that calls require_module() that checks if module is on
linked in list and exits. But actual initialisation takes place in
load_module() that is not called in this case. And it is the function that is
called in every other place where module is needed.

-andrej

P.S. I think that we shoud completely drop current specialcased aliases.

* RE: Module aliases don't work in static zsh
@ 2000-08-04  7:59 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-08-04  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

> I.e. you've got to do `zmodload zsh/files' rather than `zmodload files'.

Even with this fixed (hopefully) with Sven's patch it is still pretty
confusing. Loading "files" loads "zsh/files" as well, but unloading "files"
leaves "zsh/files" behind and unloading "zsh/files" is impossible (because
"files" depends on it).

-andrej

* Re: Module aliases don't work in static zsh
@ 2000-08-04  7:02 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-08-04  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> I.e. you've got to do `zmodload zsh/files' rather than `zmodload files'.
> We should either toss out module aliases entirely, even from dynamic zsh,
> or make them work (and work better).

Personally I'd be in favour of removing them. At least before 4.0.

Bye
 Sven