I am going to commit the following to HEAD. From feedback I had it should at least fix reported compile problem. Of course, it does not mean that compiled zsh will run, but that patch is needed in any case. Note, that it adds test for type of third argument to accept (that is used in some other functions as well). It currently checks for size_t, unsigned long and int (those I have on systems here and reported on AIX 4.x) and works on ReliantUNIX, Cygwin (up to date net release) and Mandrake with gcc-2.96/glibc-2.2.3. Feel free to add more types as needed for your system. -andrej