zsh-workers
From: "Andrej Borsenkow" <Andrej.Borsenkow@mow.siemens.ru>
To: "Sven Wischnowsky" <wischnow@informatik.hu-berlin.de>,
	<zsh-workers@sunsite.auc.dk>
Subject: RE: RFD: Zsh styles and OOP ...
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:39:17 +0300	[thread overview]

> > This is certainly interesting.  Unfortunately it's going to
> make the whole
> > thing even more complicated, both for implementation and use.
> Furthermore,
> > we really need this to be right in 3.1.7 --- I would be against
> rewriting
> > the configuration for completion yet again.
>
> You are not alone here...

The only problem is, it will be more and more hard to change anything after
ZSH is released.

> I may also repeat my suggestion that we can put the context-finding
> code from _complete and _normal into a separate function. This could
> then be called at the very beginning (bindable commands,
> _main_complete). It would at least fill the context/command field of
> the context name.

It is not a question of missing context bits. The problem is, these bits are
completely meaningless in some cases. Unless we want to use different
completers for different commands, it does not help to know, what command is
being completed.

I just wish, that context names properly reflect there usage :-)

/andrej