zsh-workers
* [3.1.6-dev-22/CVS] Anyone with HP-UX 11.00 and dynamic loading ?
@ 2000-04-19 14:56 Ollivier Robert
From: Ollivier Robert @ 2000-04-19 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I'm trying to compile the latest version from the CVS repository. Zsh
tries to compile the dynamic modules but it fails because at lease for
complist, it needs a shared version of libtermcap, which my machine doesn't
have...

        rm -f complist.sl
        ld  -s -b -o complist.sl   complist..o   -lnsl -ltermcap -lm -lc
ld: DP relative code in file /usr/lib/libtermcap.a(tputs.o) - shared library must be position
    independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.
*** Error exit code 1

Has anyone a solution (trying to compile complist static ?) ?
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- Eurocontrol EEC/TEC -=- roberto@eurocontrol.fr
The Postman hits! The Postman hits! You have new mail.

* Re: [3.1.6-dev-22/CVS] Anyone with HP-UX 11.00 and dynamic loading ?
@ 2000-04-19 15:03 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-04-19 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Ollivier Robert wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the latest version from the CVS repository. Zsh
> tries to compile the dynamic modules but it fails because at lease for
> complist, it needs a shared version of libtermcap, which my machine doesn't
> have...

Bad news, but... complist doesn't do anything zle and complete don't
do, too. And complist is already treated the same as zle and complete,
as far as I can see.

>         rm -f complist.sl
>         ld  -s -b -o complist.sl   complist..o   -lnsl -ltermcap -lm -lc
> ld: DP relative code in file /usr/lib/libtermcap.a(tputs.o) - shared library must be position
>     independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> Has anyone a solution (trying to compile complist static ?) ?

Dunno, shouldn't complist be taking the termcap stuff from the
libtermcap.a that is linked into the core? Like all other modules.

Bye
 Sven