zsh-workers
* Bug report interface comments
@ 2000-04-04  7:01 Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-04-04  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried to submit a (possible) bug, but what I do not like, that I have
to have a logon there. Else bug comes from none. Normally, I have a
field to enter mail address. It cannot be expected, that every user that
wants to submit a bug report will get login - that means, you have no
way to communicate with submitter.

I presume, this bug manager is intended for the end users in the first
place.

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>

* Now real bug in RE: Bug report interface comments
@ 2000-04-04  7:14 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-04-04  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry for followup. The bug is is 103887. I tried to enter line that
looks like

mv BIC\ NMI

but '\' disappeared. I thought, it was copy'n'paste problem and entered
followup - but back slash was not there either!

Now, I call this a real bug - Adam, could you speak with sourceforge
folks on that matter?

-andrej

@ 2000-04-04 19:31 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2000-04-04 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Andrej Borsenkow" wrote:
> I presume, this bug manager is intended for the end users in the first
> place.

I'm not so sure.  It seems to me more useful to have the bugs turn up here,
be discussed and filtered, and then have someone who knows what they're
doing enter it.  Unfortunately that means more work.  But maybe there's
someone who wants to volunteer as bug tracker.  Well, just a suggestion.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk>
Work: pws@CambridgeSiliconRadio.com

* Re: Bug report interface comments
@ 2000-04-04 20:56   ` Clint Adams
From: Clint Adams @ 2000-04-04 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm not so sure.  It seems to me more useful to have the bugs turn up here,
> be discussed and filtered, and then have someone who knows what they're
> doing enter it.  Unfortunately that means more work.  But maybe there's
> someone who wants to volunteer as bug tracker.  Well, just a suggestion.

I have to do bug management anyway, so I'll do some work.. at least we
can set up some categories and such.

* Re: bug in sourceforge backslash handling
@ 2000-04-08 15:28   ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2000-04-08 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andrej Borsenkow (Andrej.Borsenkow@mow.siemens.ru) wrote:
> Sorry for followup. The bug is is 103887. I tried to enter line that
> looks like
>
> mv BIC\ NMI
>
> but '\' disappeared. I thought, it was copy'n'paste problem and entered
> followup - but back slash was not there either!
>
> Now, I call this a real bug - Adam, could you speak with sourceforge
> folks on that matter?

They already know about this:

http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=101400&group_id=1