zsh-workers
* Re: [bug?] named directory tex and compinit
       [not found]   ` <20001025173955.B9234@vin.ens-lyon.fr>
@ 2000-10-26  3:11     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-10-26  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers, Vincent Lefevre

[Redirected from -users to -workers.]

On Oct 25,  5:39pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
}
} The named directory disappears just after the _comps assignation
} in the .zcompdump file. And if I replace the "tex _tex" line by
} "ttex _tex", the named directory tex doesn't disappear.

This indicates a pretty serious problem somewhere, as it would appear
that hash table entries from two entirely independent hash tables are
interfereing with each other.

Is this the same OSF1 system where you're having ttyctl problems?  I
would almost suspect some kind of memory alignment issue.

* Re: [bug?] named directory tex and compinit
@ 2000-10-26  7:22       ` Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-10-26  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: Vincent Lefevre

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Oct 25,  5:39pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> }
> } The named directory disappears just after the _comps assignation
> } in the .zcompdump file. And if I replace the "tex _tex" line by
> } "ttex _tex", the named directory tex doesn't disappear.
>
> This indicates a pretty serious problem somewhere, as it would appear
> that hash table entries from two entirely independent hash tables are
> interfereing with each other.

Yes, scary.

> Is this the same OSF1 system where you're having ttyctl problems?  I
> would almost suspect some kind of memory alignment issue.

Hm, memory alignment? I'm on such a 64bit system, too, and I don't
have these problems.

Is that zsh a vanilla 3.1.9? Freshly compiled for Alpha?

Bye
 Sven

* Re: [bug?] named directory tex and compinit
@ 2000-10-26  7:22       ` Vincent Lefevre
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2000-10-26  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 03:11:00 +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Is this the same OSF1 system where you're having ttyctl problems?  I
> would almost suspect some kind of memory alignment issue.

Yes, but I can also reproduce the problem under Solaris:

$ echo $ZSH_VERSION
3.1.9
$ uname -a
SunOS vin 5.7 Generic_106541-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
$ zsh -f
vin% hash -d tex=blah
vin% echo ~tex
blah
vin% autoload -U compinit
vin% compinit
vin% echo ~tex
zsh: no such user or named directory: tex
vin%

The ttyctl problem can also be reproduced under Solaris.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des

* Re: [bug?] named directory tex and compinit
@ 2000-10-26  7:34         ` Vincent Lefevre
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2000-10-26  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 09:22:10 +0200, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> Is that zsh a vanilla 3.1.9? Freshly compiled for Alpha?

Concerning the OSF1 version, it was compiled on October 6.

Concerning the Solaris version, I compiled it on July 12, and the
most recent files from the source have the date June 5.

--

@ 2000-10-26  7:49         ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-10-26  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Lefevre, zsh-workers

> $ echo $ZSH_VERSION
> 3.1.9
> $ uname -a
> SunOS vin 5.7 Generic_106541-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
> $ zsh -f
> vin% hash -d tex=blah
> vin% echo ~tex
> blah
> vin% autoload -U compinit
> vin% compinit
> vin% echo ~tex
> zsh: no such user or named directory: tex
> vin%
>
> The ttyctl problem can also be reproduced under Solaris.

I cannot reproduce either on ReliantUNIX with almost current CVS. I'm runing
under dtterm ... but hash problem hardly is releated to that :-)

-andrej

* Re: [bug?] named directory tex and compinit
@ 2000-10-26  8:36 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-10-26  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

[ moved to workers... ]

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> The parameter module "knows" that named directories must begin
> with a slash character, and normally doesn't let you assign such values.
> This can lead to some oddities like not being able to assign the value of
> a parameter to itself:

Hm. Should we change that?

I don't know why I added that test anymore. Maybe I somehow had the
impression that hash does the same? Hm.

Bye
 Sven

* Re: [bug?] named directory tex and compinit
@ 2000-10-26  8:18 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-10-26  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 03:11:00 +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > Is this the same OSF1 system where you're having ttyctl problems?  I
> > would almost suspect some kind of memory alignment issue.
>
> Yes, but I can also reproduce the problem under Solaris:

Aha. I use an older version for Solaris, too. I don't remember exactly
which version it was (and I modified the version string to something
useless but easily detectable, init-file-wise), but it's either a
vanilla 3.1.9 or older.

And it shows the same behaviour.

And trying the same version on DU4.0 shows it, too.

That means that the bug is already fixed in the current CVS, but I
don't know when it was fixed.

I can't reproduce the tty problem, though.

Bye
 Sven