zsh-workers
* zftp problem (OS dependent)
@ 1998-12-23 19:26 Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 1998-12-23 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just found a very nice problem here ...

Obviously, my system has a bug, that does not allow zftp open to be called
second time :-) The problem is related to fcntl(x, F_DUPFD, ...) If I remove
zfmoved(), it works nicely. If zmovefd() is used, the first time I can
connect; but after that, all connects fail with

"address family is not supported by protocol family"

I admit, that it is OS bug, but it is probably won't be fixed soon ... Is
there any possible workaround?

thank you

/andrej

* RE: zftp problem (OS dependent)
       [not found] <001501be2eaa$13c41c50$21c9ca95@mowp.siemens.ru>
@ 1998-12-24 11:10 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 1998-12-24 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry for followup ...

It looks, that we can duplicate connected socket. It means, that zfmovefd()
should be called after connect succeeds. It seems to be safe, as if connect
fails, we close fd anyway.

Merry Christmas to everybody

/andrej