zsh-workers
* Re: 4.0.1-pre-1 on RH6.2
@ 2001-02-19 10:25 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2001-02-19 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Feb 17, 12:51am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } Subject: Re: 4.0.1-pre-1 on RH6.2
> }
> } "Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> } >
> } > zftp.c: In function `zfgetline':
> } > zftp.c:730: warning: variable `added' might be clobbered by `longjmp'
> }
> } These have always been there and I've never been able to understand what
> } it's talking about with those particular variables.
>
> Ah, I see.  It's warning you which variables have been given register
> storage allocation by the compiler, and which therefore won't be unwound
> properly when longjmp() takes you back up the stack to the setjmp() spot.
> As long as none of those are referenced in the `if (setjmp(...)) { ... }'
> blocks (which appears to be true), everything should be OK.

Yes, I had a look at that, too , when I first saw it. We can get rid
of the warnings by sticking `volatile' before the declarations if we care.

Bye
 Sven

* RE: 4.0.1-pre-1 on RH6.2
@ 2001-02-19 10:37 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2001-02-19 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

> Yes, I had a look at that, too , when I first saw it. We can get rid
> of the warnings by sticking `volatile' before the declarations if we care.

Any compiler out there that does not suppport volatile? YACC - Yet Another
Configure Check.

* Re: 4.0.1-pre-1 on RH6.2
@ 2001-02-18  1:21   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-02-18  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

On Feb 17, 12:51am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: 4.0.1-pre-1 on RH6.2
}
} >

@ 2001-02-17  0:51 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2001-02-17  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk>
Work: pws@csr.com

* Re: 4.0.1-pre-1 on RH6.2
@ 2001-02-15 19:31     ` Fletch
From: Fletch @ 2001-02-15 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

[...]

    Bart> Is there anything in /etc/zshenv or /etc/zshrc that's the
    Bart> same on both machines?  "make check" has the problem that
    Bart> it's vulnerable to being messed with by the global rcfiles,
    Bart> and completion is the most exposed.

        Both machines have the zsh{rc,env} from the RedHat zsh-3.0.7-4
RPM.  But nothing really out of the ordinary is set (at least as far
as I can see).

---->8 /etc/zshrc 8<----
#
# /etc/zshrc is sourced in interactive shells.  It
# should contain commands to set up aliases, functions,
# options, key bindings, etc.
#

# Set up aliases
alias mv='nocorrect mv'       # no spelling correction on mv
alias cp='nocorrect cp'       # no spelling correction on cp
alias mkdir='nocorrect mkdir' # no spelling correction on mkdir

# Shell functions
setenv() { export $1=$2 }  # csh compatibility

# Set prompts
PROMPT='%m%# '    # default prompt
#RPROMPT=' %~'     # prompt for right side of screen

# Some environment variables
export HOSTNAME=`/bin/hostname`
export MAIL=/var/spool/mail/$USER

path=($path $HOME/bin)

# bindkey -v             # vi key bindings
# bindkey -e             # emacs key bindings
bindkey ' ' magic-space  # also do history expansino on space
---->8 /etc/zshrc 8<----

---->8 /etc/zshenv 8<----
#
# /etc/zshenv is sourced on all invocations of the
# shell, unless the -f option is set.  It should
# contain commands to set the command search path,
# plus other important environment variables.
# .zshenv should not contain commands that product
# output or assume the shell is attached to a tty.
#

export X11HOME=/usr/X11R6

if [ `id -u` -eq 0 ]; then
  path=(/sbin /usr/sbin)
fi

echo $PATH | /bin/grep -q "\W$X11HOME/bin:" || path=($path $X11HOME/bin)
echo $PATH | /bin/grep -q "\W/bin:" || path=($path /bin)
echo $PATH | /bin/grep -q "\W/usr/bin:" || path=($path /usr/bin)
echo $PATH | /bin/grep -q "\W/usr/local/bin:" || path=($path /usr/local/bin)
---->8 /etc/zshenv 8<----

fletch@phydeaux.org   |  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'
770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=

* Re: 4.0.1-pre-1 on RH6.2
@ 2001-02-15 18:04   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-02-15 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fletch, zsh-workers

On Feb 15, 12:31pm, Fletch wrote:
}
}         I just double checked on another machine with a local build
} dir and 07cond passes fine there.  But 55arguments fails with the
} local build dir on this other box as well (with the same output as in
} my previous message).

@ 2001-02-15 17:31 ` Fletch
From: Fletch @ 2001-02-15 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

[...]

    Bart> "make check" fails 07cond.ztst if and only if the build
    Bart> directory is on an NFS filesystem (all tests succeed if the
    Bart> build is local).

        As a followup to my report of failures, I did get 07cond.ztst
failing and the directory in question was mounted NFS.

        I just double checked on another machine with a local build
dir and 07cond passes fine there.  But 55arguments fails with the
local build dir on this other box as well (with the same output as in
my previous message).

        Configuration for this other box:

Linux lemur 2.2.16-RAID #6 Fri Nov 3 10:01:02 EST 2000 i686 unknown
gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
glibc-2.1.3-22

lemur:~/tmp/src/zsh-4.0.1-pre-1 407> df -k `pwd`
/dev/sda6              8428164   7319672    680364  91% /export/home

fletch@phydeaux.org   |  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'
770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=

* 4.0.1-pre-1 on RH6.2
@ 2001-02-15 17:14 Bart Schaefer