Op 21-12-18 om 07:53 schreef Bart Schaefer: > On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 2:48 PM Martijn Dekker wrote: >> >> However, I think having 'set -u' apply to $(( x )) is "obvious" and >> useful behaviour. > > Reasonable. This should make that happen, if I did it right. All the regression tests pass, including three added ones. With this patch, zsh throws an error but does not exit on an unset variable in the ((arithmetic command)) or in 'let'. But it doesn't exit on a syntax error either, so that is consistent. It exits as expected on an unset variable in $((arithmetic expansion)). - M.