zsh-workers
* Re: zsh-3.1.7 broken on IRIX
       [not found] <200005301828.UAA47908@numa1.igpm.rwth-aachen.de>
@ 2000-05-31  9:12 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2000-05-31  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Helmut wrote:
> I have now regenerated zsh-3.1.7 from the tarball
> with CFLAGS=-g
>
> Now it doesn't segfault BUT
> at startup I get
>
> /usr/PRIVATE/etc/zshenv:1: not an identifier:
> /usr/people/jarausch/.zshenv:10: not an identifier:
> /usr/people/jarausch/.zshrc:1: not an identifier:
>
> I have attached these files
>
> then
>
> ls -xF gives
> hangeLog       ChangeLog.3.0   Completion/     Config/         Doc/
> Etc/            Functions/      INSTALL         LICENCE         META-FAQ
> Makefile        Makefile.bck    Makefile.in     Misc/           README
> Src/            StartupFiles/   Test/           Util/           acconfig.h
> aclocal.m4      aczsh.m4        config.cache    config.guess*   config.h
> config.h.bck    config.h.in     config.log      config.status*  config.sub*
> configure*      configure.in    install-sh*     mkinstalldirs*  so_locations
> stamp-h         stamp-h.in
>
> Note the subdirectory Test/
>
> Then
> numa1% cd Test
> cd: string not in pwd: Test
>
> So, it's very strange here.

Looks like it's related to bad NULL-termination of strings somehow.  Does
this suggest anything to anybody?  We used to have lots of problems with
signed to unsigned character conversions, too, but usually only with
eight-bit characters.

Do you get similar behaviour with both gcc and the native compiler?
Is anyone else using Irix?

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@cambridgesiliconradio.com>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,

* RE: zsh-3.1.7 broken on IRIX
@ 2000-06-01  6:09     ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-06-01  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer, Peter Stephenson, Zsh hackers list

> On May 31,  4:32pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } Subject: Re: zsh-3.1.7 broken on IRIX
> }
> } Looks like this is the last major problem gone.  I frankly can't be
> } bothered to go through all the hassle of making another version
> } immediately.  If I feel stronger I'll make 3.1.8 in the
> next few days.
> } But it'll just mean something else comes out of the woodwork.
>
> How about if we collectively avoid making any more changes, other than
> to fix really serious bugs, between now and next Monday?

What about creating  ZSH_4_0 branch and putting current code there? Then
HEAD would be available for normal ongoing development and "production"
code will be freezed.

-andrej

* Re: zsh-3.1.7 broken on IRIX
@ 2000-05-31 16:20     ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2000-05-31 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Bart wrote:
> How about if we collectively avoid making any more changes, other than
> to fix really serious bugs, between now and next Monday?

Sounds OK to me.

--

@ 2000-05-31 16:12   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-05-31 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson, Zsh hackers list

On May 31,  4:32pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh-3.1.7 broken on IRIX
}

       [not found] <200005311520.RAA08831@numa1.igpm.rwth-aachen.de>
@ 2000-05-31 15:32 ` Peter Stephenson