zsh-workers
From: "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@candle.brasslantern.com>
To: Zsh workers <zsh-workers@sunsite.auc.dk>
Subject: Re: help with _match, globcomplete etc. (with a PATCH)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:47:42 +0000	[thread overview]

On Feb 15,  7:53pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} zsh -f
} bindkey -me
} unsetopt glob
} typeset -A code
} code[ai]=foo
} echo $code[ai]/{a,<tab>

All I get from that is a beep, before Sven's 9749, and

zagzig% echo foo/\{a,
                      ^note trailing space added
with 9749 applied.

Of course that seems wrong, too.  I didn't want the brace to be quoted.

What output do you see?

} The main limiting factor on my configuration is that I can't do
} parameter expansion, command substitution and arithmetic expansion
} independantly.

Hmm.  This would almost have to be done in C code; if you have more
than one of the three forms in the same "word", it'd get pretty messy
to dismantle it to expand only the appropriate substring(s).

} Also, I can't see a way of doing globbing, while preserving variable