zsh-workers
* About sourceforge - Bug/Patch managers
@ 2000-03-31  6:12 Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-03-31  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anybody knows, how to use them? There even appears one bug report there
already :-)

Is it possible to "post" patches on sourceforge with
announcement/description on list? This would cut down list volume and
finally give ultimate patch repository.

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>

* Re: About sourceforge - Bug/Patch managers
@ 2000-04-02  5:52 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-04-02  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 31, 10:12am, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: About sourceforge - Bug/Patch managers
}
} Anybody knows, how to use them?

Bug reports appear to be stored in a MySQL database; I don't know if
that means this is SourceForge's home-grown tracking system, or what.

Submitting bugs appears to be pretty straightforward; but only project
admins can change the status of a bug AFAICT, or even generate any kind
of reports about them.  Any other developer can only see either all
bugs, or a restricted view of only those bugs assigned to him (and only
50 of those, too -- I suppose they think nobody would ever be asked to
deal with more than that many bugs at once).

If there's any kind of automatic connection between CVS commits/logs
and the bug system, I can't find it.

Submitting a patch looks pretty obvious, too -- but as I'm not an admin
on the project, I can't follow the Admin link to see what can be done
with the patch after it's been uploaded.

It'd be nice if we could have patches (and bug reports) that are posted
to SourceForge get forwarded to zsh-workers automatically.

* Re: About sourceforge - Bug/Patch managers
@ 2000-04-02 17:41   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2000-04-02 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> Submitting bugs appears to be pretty straightforward; but only project
> admins can change the status of a bug AFAICT, or even generate any kind
> of reports about them.  Any other developer can only see either all
> bugs, or a restricted view of only those bugs assigned to him (and only
> 50 of those, too -- I suppose they think nobody would ever be asked to
> deal with more than that many bugs at once).

This doesn't seem right.  I can't currently get user permissions to work at
sourceforge, however --- the screen comes up, but the list is blank.  It
was working yesterday, so it's not Netscape's fault, probably.  I'll give
everyone admin permissions for bugs when I can, however.

gcw is now a developer.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk>
Work: pws@CambridgeSiliconRadio.com

* Re: About sourceforge - Bug/Patch managers
@ 2000-04-02 18:28     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-04-02 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 2,  6:41pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: About sourceforge - Bug/Patch managers
}
} I can't currently get user permissions to work at
} sourceforge, however --- the screen comes up, but the list is blank.

I'm getting access-refused errors from cvs.sourceforge.net, and since
sometime Friday my "personal page" has had "Got error -1 from table
handler" in several places.

I think they've got a problem.