zsh-workers
* Re: Two questions
@ 2000-04-06 10:42 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-04-06 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Apr 6, 10:39am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> } Subject: Two questions
> }
> } 1) We have this extra hack in configure to change config.status to
> }    treat filenames starting with `!' specially. This fails utterly for
> }    me, because it searches for a line where `ac_file_inputs' is
> }    assigned to -- and my config.status doesn't contain such a line.
> }    It always uses `$ac_given_srcdir/$ac_file_in'.
>
> What version of autoconf do you have installed?  I think you need at least
> 2.12, maybe 2.13, for this to work.  Peter has 2.14, IIRC, but I have 2.13
> and I have the ac_file_inputs line in my config.status.

2.10. We should then mention somewhere that one needs at least version
<whatever> somewhere.

Bye
 Sven

* Two Questions
@ 2004-03-02 10:47 Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2004-03-02 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Question 1
----------

How do I post to zsh-users as I am only subscribed to this list and thus
need to confirm my emails to zsh-users?  Is the only way to work with it
to confirm?  Since the lists are nested, subscribing to both is not very
good.

Question 2
----------

This should have gone to zsh-users but still.  Is there any way to
disable equals completion (the -equals- context)?  Since I have noequals
set it's rather silly to have the completion system trying to expand it.
I tried figuring out a way to check for '-o equals' somewhere but didn't
come up with anything decent.
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::

* Two questions
@ 2000-04-06  8:39 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-04-06  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I have been having trouble with configuring and make for some time
now...

1) We have this extra hack in configure to change config.status to
   treat filenames starting with `!' specially. This fails utterly for
   me, because it searches for a line where `ac_file_inputs' is
   assigned to -- and my config.status doesn't contain such a line.
   It always uses `$ac_given_srcdir/$ac_file_in'.
   Up to now I've always been hacking this by hand, but...

2) make distclean fails for me because it calls distclean twice in the
   Test directory -- and then the second one has no Makefile and I end
   up with the main directory un-cleaned.
   This can be fixed by removing:

	@cd Test && $(MAKE) $(MAKEDEFS) $@

   from the distclean-here target in the Makefile.in from the main
   directory. Is this correct or am I the only one with this problem?
   But somehow I think this is a result of the patch that added Test
   to SUBDIRS, yes?

Bye
 Sven

* Two questions
@ 1999-01-26 18:32 Phil Pennock
From: Phil Pennock @ 1999-01-26 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Development Workers

Hi, a quick two questions (new job, no access to sources atm)

A few weeks ago I queried (on zsh-users) how to do redirection from a
variable file descriptor.  The answer was quite complex, and boiled down
to the fact that the parser gets in the way.

Bog-standard Bourne shell handles it smoothly.  If we're aiming for
compatibility, fixing this might be good.  How feasible is it?

Eg,
% cat foo
#!/path/to/zsh -f
print >$1 '=== Foo! ==='
% ./foo 5 5>Funky

This is a little contrived, but effectively what:
 (a) I needed at the time
 (b) What someone else on another list needed - being able to redirect
     to and from arbitrary fds.

Second question:

Recently zsh has changed a number of things to be more compatible with
ksh.  And some things, such as the associative arrray stuff, has
followed what seem to be dubious criteria in order to be compatible.
Given that there's pdksh for that, just how important is it for zsh to
parallel ksh?  And how important to do so natively, as opposed to an
option adding behaviour or whatever?

TIA
--
--> Phil Pennock ; GAT d- s+:+ a23 C++(++++) UL++++/I+++/S+++/B++/H+$ P++@$