zsh-workers
* _rpm odd behavior
@ 2000-05-24  0:02 Clint Adams
From: Clint Adams @ 2000-05-24  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about rpm.

I have no RPM database, but rpm -qcp shouldn't need one.
I believe that the behavior in case 3 is the correct one.
What's going on?

1% rpm -qcp <TAB>
1% rpm -qcp failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory

rpmQuery: rpmdbOpen() failed
zsh-3.0.7-4.i386.rpm
Completing RPM package file
zsh-3.0.7-4.i386.rpm
Completing ftp URL prefix
ftp://

2% rpm -qcp<TAB>
2% rpm -qcpfailed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory

rpmQuery: rpmdbOpen() failed
failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory

rpmQuery: rpmdbOpen() failed
failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory

rpmQuery: rpmdbOpen() failed
failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory

rpmQuery: rpmdbOpen() failed
failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory

rpmQuery: rpmdbOpen() failed
failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory

rpmQuery: rpmdbOpen() failed
failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory

rpmQuery: rpmdbOpen() failed                                                 F
Completing corrections
-F          -- freshen mode
-K          -- signature check mode
-U          -- upgrade mode
-V          -- verify mode
-b          -- build mode (spec file)
-e          -- uninstall mode
-i          -- install mode
-t          -- build mode (tar file)
-v          -- verbose mode
-y          -- verify mode
Completing original
-qcp

3% rpm -qpc <TAB>
3% rpm -qpc zsh-3.0.7-4.i386.rpm
Completing RPM package file
zsh-3.0.7-4.i386.rpm
Completing ftp URL prefix
ftp://

4% rpm -qpc<TAB>
4% rpm -qpczsh-3.0.7-4.i386.rpm
Completing RPM package file
zsh-3.0.7-4.i386.rpm
Completing ftp URL prefix
ftp://

* Re: _rpm odd behavior
@ 2000-05-24  4:41 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-05-24  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clint Adams, zsh-workers

On May 23,  8:02pm, Clint Adams wrote:
} Subject: _rpm odd behavior
}
} Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about rpm.
}
} I have no RPM database, but rpm -qcp shouldn't need one.
} I believe that the behavior in case 3 is the correct one.
} What's going on?

For some reason the `_arguments -s ...' in the `query' state handler
(line 97 in _rpm) is not finding the -p option, and so instead is using
the spec '*:RPM package:->package_or_file' which causes _rpm to attempt
to run 'rpm -qa' to get a list of all installed packages on the system.

At first I thought this was because you used "rpm -qcp" and -c is not
listed by _rpm as a valid option in the `query' state (even though it
should be); but even "rpm -qp" doesn't work, only "rpm -q -p" gets it
right.

Is it a new problem that _arguments has trouble dealing with multiple
single-letter options packed in the same word?