zsh-workers
* Re: [bug?] named directory tex and compinit
@ 2000-10-26  8:36 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-10-26  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

[ moved to workers... ]

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> The parameter module "knows" that named directories must begin
> with a slash character, and normally doesn't let you assign such values.
> This can lead to some oddities like not being able to assign the value of
> a parameter to itself:

Hm. Should we change that?

I don't know why I added that test anymore. Maybe I somehow had the
impression that hash does the same? Hm.

Bye
 Sven

* Assignments to nameddirs[]
@ 2000-10-27 15:35 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-10-27 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Oct 26, 10:36am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > The parameter module "knows" that named directories must begin
} > with a slash character, and normally doesn't let you assign such values.
} > This can lead to some oddities like not being able to assign the value of
} > a parameter to itself:
}
} Hm. Should we change that?

Possibly so.

} I don't know why I added that test anymore. Maybe I somehow had the
} impression that hash does the same? Hm.

It's probably because such a test is used to decide whether a reference
to a parameter with ~paramname will cause an entry to be made in the
nameddir table.  But assignment to the nameddirs special hash is more
like using the "hash" command than it is like using ~paramname.