zsh-workers
* completions
@ 2001-03-13 15:00 Zvi Har'El
From: Zvi Har'El @ 2001-03-13 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Hi,

I started using the new zsh completion system (as I told you in a previous
mail, I just switched from zsh-3.08, which is shipped with redhat 7.0, to
zsh-4.0.1-pre2). I like it a lot, but I have a little problem: I noticed when I
update my web document tree, and I need to checkout .htaccess from the RCS
directory, the completion code doen't find it. The reason is because the
autoloaded _rcs function has in it the assignment

  rep=(RCS/*,v(:t:s/\,v//))

and this eliminates hidden files like RCS/.htaccess,v from the rep array. Is
there a reason why we don't add the D qualifier (GLOB_DOTS) to the globbing
pattern, i.e.,

  rep=(RCS/*,v(D:t:s/\,v//))

to allow for hidden files in the RCS directory? I think this comment may refer
to some other completion functions as well, but I haven't checked them.

All the best,

Zvi.

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El     mailto:rl@math.technion.ac.il     Department of Mathematics
tel:+972-54-227607                   Technion - Israel Institute of Technology

* Re: completions
@ 2001-03-13 18:35 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-03-13 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

On Mar 13,  5:00pm, Zvi Har'El wrote:
} Subject: completions
}
} Is there a reason why we don't add the D qualifier (GLOB_DOTS) to the
} globbing pattern to allow for hidden files in the RCS directory?

No, there isn't, so I did.