zsh-workers
* Make test failes on HPUX11
@ 2002-10-04 11:05 Stephen Kitchener
From: Stephen Kitchener @ 2002-10-04 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

I have compiled zsh 4.0.6 on an HPUX11 machine, all looks ok, but when I
do a 'make test' if hangs on ./Y01completion.ztst: starting.

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this or can I ignore it and
proceed with the make install ?

--
Stephen M Kitchener
Unix Systems Administrator EMEA APAC

AspenTech UK
1 Century Court,
Tolpits Lane,
Watford, Herts,
WD18 9PT

TEL       +44 (0) 1923 652125
FAX       +44 (0) 1923 652215
EMAIL   steve.kitchener@aspentech.com
WEB     http://www.aspentech.com

Aspenworld 2002
the premier global conference for process industry leaders
October 27 - November 1, 2002
Register at http://www.aspenworld2002.com

Contact

For assistance, please contact Kristine Martin
mailto:kristine.martin@aspentech.com

* Re: Make test failes on HPUX11
@ 2002-10-07 11:01 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2002-10-07 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Kitchener, Zsh hackers list

Stephen Kitchener wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have compiled zsh 4.0.6 on an HPUX11 machine, all looks ok, but when I
> do a 'make test' if hangs on ./Y01completion.ztst: starting.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this or can I ignore it and
> proceed with the make install ?

My guess is that this is something to do with the zsh/pty module which is
used to test completion since it's tied to interactive behaviour.  `pty'
isn't a part of the core shell, and it's quite hairy to get it to work
on all flavours of UNIX, so I would have said it's OK to ignore the
failure.

Obviously it would also be nice to work out what's going wrong.
However, I don't think any of us in these parts use HPUX at the moment.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.