zsh-workers
* Re: [Cooker] Bash completion patches
       [not found]       ` <20020126171821.C50507@dirk.holoweb.net>
@ 2002-01-27  8:31         ` Borsenkow Andrej
From: Borsenkow Andrej @ 2002-01-27  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cooker list; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On Вск, 2002-01-27 at 01:18, Liam Quin wrote:
> Does anyone have completion that uses colour (like ls) and/or
> bold, to indicate the prefix you have already typed, in matches?
>
> I had a go at doing that with zsh a while ago, interactions between the
> output fo the scripts and the fomatting into columns made it hard.

Zsh does use (can be configured to) colors in completion listing. I am
not sure about specific color for prefix, because as it looks like most
people switched to menu completion (even hardcore commandliners) that
allows selection of (several) matches with normal cursor keys in full
screen menu. Because you get list of matches anyway it is much faster.

In any case I Cc to Zsh list in case I miss something.

-andrej

* Re: [Cooker] Bash completion patches
@ 2002-01-28 17:10           ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2002-01-28 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cooker list; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On Jan 27, 11:31am, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
} Subject: Re: [Cooker] Bash completion patches
}
} On ÷ÓË, 2002-01-27 at 01:18, Liam Quin wrote:
} > Does anyone have completion that uses colour (like ls) and/or
} > bold, to indicate the prefix you have already typed, in matches?

Zsh emits color codes only in completion listings (i.e., when more than
one match is displayed simultaneously), not when there is only one match
inserted on the line and not when doing menu completion (where matches
are cycled on the command line, as opposed to menu selection where
they're shown in columns).

Even in listings/selection, there's no color change sequence emitted
between the prefix and any suffixes; color codes are printed only before
and after each entire match.