zsh-workers
* 4.3.12 regression: fg'ing dead processes
@ 2011-10-28  9:41 Christian Neukirchen
From: Christian Neukirchen @ 2011-10-28  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

zsh: suspended  cat
juno 20? 1& ~% kill %1
juno 1& ~% kill %1
kill: kill %1 failed: no such process
juno 1? 1& ~% fg
[1]  + continued  cat
^Z^Z^C^C
(terminal/shell completely hangs)

It seems the killed job didn't get removed from the list of backgrounded
processes or something?

--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen@gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org

* Re: 4.3.12 regression: fg'ing dead processes
@ 2011-10-28 10:47 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2011-10-28 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Neukirchen, zsh-workers

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:41:30 +0200
Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems the killed job didn't get removed from the list of backgrounded
> processes or something?

Bart did some more work on this after 4.3.12, so I hope this is fixed in
the 4.3.12-test-2 release on ftp.zsh.org in pub/development.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@csr.com>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog

* Re: 4.3.12 regression: fg'ing dead processes
@ 2011-10-28 13:52   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2011-10-28 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers, Christian Neukirchen

On Oct 28, 11:47am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: 4.3.12 regression: fg'ing dead processes
}
} On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:41:30 +0200
} Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
} > It seems the killed job didn't get removed from the list of backgrounded
} > processes or something?
}
} Bart did some more work on this after 4.3.12, so I hope this is fixed in
} the 4.3.12-test-2 release on ftp.zsh.org in pub/development.

Indeed, I'm not able to reproduce when using the current CVS:

torch% cat
^Z
zsh: suspended  cat
torch% kill %1
torch%
[1]  + terminated  cat
torch% kill %1
kill: %1: no such job
torch% fg
fg: no current job
torch% print $ZSH_VERSION $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL
4.3.12-test-2 1.5486
torch%

I haven't explicitly tried the test release from ftp.zsh.org but I have
no reason to believe any fix was applied after that.