Hi, after we updated zsh to 5.3 autocompletion stopped to work for us in restricted shell. This is mainly due to "38692: IFS can't be changed in restricted mode”. I suppose there is a good reason why setting IFS is not allowed in restricted mode even though that it’s not apparent to me. However at least I would like to fix another thing which breaks autocompletion and that is using write redirections in autocompletion code. That can be avoided by using 2>&- instead of 2>/dev/null. A patch for review is attached. thanks -Jan