zsh-workers
From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com>
To: Olivier Teuliere <ipkiss@gmail.com>, zsh-workers@zsh.org
Subject: Re: Limitations of menuselect
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 02:15:35 -0800	[thread overview]

On Feb 28, 10:34am, Olivier Teuliere wrote:
}
} Are there plans to implement this in the future?

Plans, sort of.  Anyone to actually do the work, not really.  This and
several other of the more complex parts of completion were implemented
by some (primarily one) university students who stopped working on zsh
when they completed their studies, and no one who remains on the team
has simultaneously the time and the interest to address this.  We are
in need of more C programmers willing to take this kind of thing on.

} What are the next steps here? The work-arounds given in this thread
} are mostly enough for my needs, but IMHO several things should be
} improved in zsh itself. Should I file formal bug reports and/or
} feature requests somewhere?

This mailing list is the place for filing reports / requests, so you've
done that as far as it goes.